10 Must Know Tips If You Want to Avoid Failure in SSB
SSB aspirants are keen to know tips which can help them succeed in SSB. These tips are given for the benefit of SSB aspirants.
- English. A confident person with good English communication skills can rarely be screened out. Hence it is very important to improve English. A person who can speak good English will be reasonably confident too! Good written expression is very important in ‘Psychology’ tests. Good oral expression is vital in ‘GTO’ as well as in ‘Interview’.
- GK. Good ‘General Knowledge’ is a great asset to help you get selected. It is valuable in’ GTO’ as well as ‘Interview’.
- Knowledge of Subjects. You must have clear understanding of the major subjects you have studied recently. If this is lacking then selection is very unlikely. It is clear evidence that you never focused on the main thing you were doing in your life and were casual about it. It indicates assessors to deduce that you are likely to continue your habit.
- Physical Fitness. Physical fitness is not an apparent selection criterion. It however, affects performance in ‘GTO’, your ability to influence the group and confidence. In some cases it can be a major reason for rejection. An unfit person obviously lacks the will power & determination required to be an officer.
- Friendly Nature. The backbone of ‘Defence Services’ is team work. Hence a friendly nature is an important selection criterion. A person should be able to work as an effective member of a team and have a positive influence on the group. A person who displays characteristics of being dysfunctional in a group will be rejected.
- Discipline. A good candidate should be able to abide by rules and regulations. If he has led a well organized life it will be very helpful in getting selected.
- Determination. A good candidate will be capable of withstanding mental and physical stress with reasonable ease. In day to day life he should not be a quitter in the face of difficulties. Examples of quitters:
a Will run to parent or teacher when confronted by a minor problem.
b Will quit a subject if he finds it slightly difficult.
c Will quit playing a game if he has a minor injury.
d Will quit a job if he faces minor difficulties.
Please do not be a quitter. Services do not need them as officers!
- Mental & Physical Stamina. A good candidate would have faced mental & physically challenging situations with reasonable ease and thus have developed these qualities adequately. Examples:
a In exam time would have been able to study for long hours productively.
b Would have been able to meet difficult deadlines in work/home/study successfully.
c Would have been able to accomplish physically demanding work successfully.
- Cheerful & Energetic. A good candidate would remain cheerful and energetic.
- No SSB Knowledge. If a candidate has developed the qualities discussed above, he need not have any knowledge about SSB and will be selected.
Conclusion: 10 Must Know Tips If You Want to Avoid Failure in SSB
SSB aspirants should work to develop the above qualities, rather than spend time in trying to know about the SSB process.
If you like the blog,” 10 Must Know Tips If You Want to Avoid Failure in SSB”, then please like and share it!
Colonel M.M Nehru
Colonel M.M Nehru Is Consultant in Personality Development Coach .Nehru Sir Provide Online Guidance to SSB Aspirants by online .Nehru Sir also Write top Articles here for motivating students and increasing their g.k level.If U want to more about Colonel Nehru Click Here