WHY I DON’T SPOON FEED?
Problems of Spoon Feeding
I find a large number of students who come to me to be having inadequate ‘reasoning & analyzing’ abilities as per SSB standard. We use creative methods to overcome the problem. It will be of interest for parents, students & teachers to realize the causes of this inadequacy. This will give students, parents & teachers we should/should not do.
Salient Reasons for Spoon-feeding Culture
1. Tendency among students to mug up without understanding (remember the ‘balatkar’ speech in “3 Idiots”!).
2. Over-rating marks over comprehension.
3. Teachers’ tendency to discourage questions from students.
4. Students’ approach of seeking the easier way out & thus not exerting their mental muscles to understand difficult things. This, sadly, is the most important way to improve reasoning ability!
5. When students are stuck on a difficult problem they go for extra tuition classes. Actually struggling with problems will cause them to think & thus improve reasoning. It is important to realize that you have to use your own brain only to live your life & take your major life decisions; no one else can do it for you!
Why I Don’t Spoon Feed
I am a personality developer & well know that getting easy & quick answers will be against the long term interests of my students. I have their long term improvement as my goal.
Therefore when my students struggle to understand things or find it difficult to set their long term, short term & weekly goals I don’t do it for them, but only guide them. This approach helps them get greater clarity of purpose in their lives & not spoon feeding!
Lesson for Parents/Teachers/Students
Please do not spoon feed and get used to being spoon fed. A student will grow more competent if he/she is not spoon fed!
Colonel M.M Nehru
Colonel M.M Nehru Is Consultant in Personality Development Coach .Nehru Sir Provide Online Guidance to SSB Aspirants by online .Nehru Sir also Write top Articles here for motivating students and increasing their g.k level.If U want to more about Colonel Nehru Click Here