Why Modi will Lose to Students?
Indians love mythology; we are also fond of nationalism, so much so that we can be emotionally won over by pseudo-nationalists like Modi. Today Indian students are standing against Modi. In this battle Modi is going to lose.
- Ravana had massive economic might, technological muscle and military might. Ram is visualized as a bare-footed, bare upper-bodied man living in jungles with scarce resources but great moral and ethical values. Ravana had used cunning and deceit but Ram did not do so to achieve his ends. Ram defeated Ravana.
- Kauravas had massive economic and military might. Pandavas did not have equivalent resources. Duryodhan used cunning and deceit to achieve his ends but the Pandavas used very little of it. Kauravavs were defeated.
“Yada yada hi dharmasya glanirbhavati bharata
Abhythanamadharmasya tadatmanam srijamyaham
sadhunang vinashay cha dushkritam
Dharmasangsthapanarthay sambhabami yuge yuge”
- I do not think that there is any quote more famous than the one above from Gita in India. We believe that whenever there is immense injustice then someone will emerge to put an end to it.
Post- Independence History
Modi’s misrule has only one parallel in Indian history: Indira’s misrule, particularly invocation of Emergency.
Highlights of the Modi versus Students
- India was seeking an answer to Modi versus who? Well, now we have the answer: Students.
- Modi leads BJP with over 12 crore membership, akin to Kaurava’s Army? He is buying an aircraft at an exorbitant cost for himself akin to Ravana’s Pushpak?
- Modi-Shah-Yogi have done several major injustices to Indians (in popular perception):
- Ruined the lives of crores of poor through demonetization which was done by Modi to win UP elections.
- Killing Muslims in the name of cow protection.
- Illegal ban on the internet in Kashmir and illegal detentions.
- Attacking students in Jamia and AMU.
- Killing Muslims in UP.
- Planning and assaulting students of JNU.
- Strengths of Students. In standing against Modi the students have the following strengths:
- They are poor and have suffered injustice (similar to Ram & Pandavas?).
- They are peaceful, holding the tri-colour and reading the Constitution. They seem more towards justice and saving of the nation than Modi. (Students appear to be upholders of “Dharam” against injustice inflicted by Modi akin to Indira?).
Apparently the poor and weak students are fighting a righteous war to save the Constitution against an unjust and repressive government (Modi). This war of public perception Modi will definitely lose.