Avoid Soft Drinks to maintain Good Health
Coke and Pepsi have become two of the biggest brands in the world by selling extremely unhealthy products. Let us see why we should avoid soft drinks to maintain good health.
- A single can of soda contains large quantity of sugar. This amount of sugar, especially in liquid form, skyrockets the blood sugar and causes an insulin reaction in the body. Over time, this can lead to diabetes or insulin resistance.
- Soda contains phosphoric acid, which interferes with the body’s ability to absorb calcium and can lead to osteoporosis.
- In diet sodas, aspartame is used as a substitute for sugar, and can actually be more harmful. It has been linked to almost a hundred different health problems including seizures, multiple sclerosis, brain tumors, diabetes, and emotional disorders.
- Most sodas contain caffeine, which has been linked to certain cancers, breast lumps, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, and other problems.
- Soft drinks cause obesity.
- There is absolutely no nutritional value in soda. It is an unnatural substance that harms the body.
- Because of the high sugar, sodium and caffeine content in soda, it dehydrates the body and over a long period of time can cause chronic dehydration.
- Drinking soda regularly causes plaque to build up on the teeth and can lead to cavities.
What should we do?
Please do not be misled by Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor when they promote soft drinks. They are promoting junk! Do not fall prey to the massive marketing and avoid soft drinks to maintain good health. Soft drinks only do harm and no good. We should drink water whenever we feel thirsty. Water is the most important constituent of the body. Water is the best drink in the world!