Fruit Juices are Unhealthy
The soft drink makers are increasing their focus on producing and marketing fruit juices as public perception has changed towards soft drinks. The majority thinks that fruit juices are great for health. This is absolutely untrue. Fruit juices are unhealthy. Let us see the reasons.
Why Packed Fruit Juices are Unhealthy?
- Packed fruit juices contain large quantity of sugar. This causes obesity. The impact on body is as bad as a soft drink.
- Most of the nutrients of the fruit are lost in the packaged juice.
- The juice contains no fibre.
- The fruit juice has large quantity of sugar. This amount of sugar, especially in liquid form, skyrockets the blood sugar and causes an insulin reaction in the body. Over time, this can lead to diabetes or insulin resistance.
Why Fresh Fruit Juices are Unhealthy?
- The effect of increasing blood sugar quickly is the same as soft drinks and packaged juices.
- A lot many nutrients and fibre are lost in fresh juices as compared with whole fruits. The losses may be less than packaged juices.
What is the Solution?
- Eat fresh fruits.
- Do not drink packaged or fresh fruit juices.
- When thirsty, drink water!