“SMALL IMPROVEMENTS IN BASIC HABITS LEAD TO REVOLUTIONARY IMPROVEMENTS IN PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS”: Philosophy of No Frills Academy (nofrillsacademy.com)
Accelerate Personal Growth
Personality development is often treated as a complex subject. Often people feel that personality of an individual is quite rigid and that changes are difficult, barely perceptible and take a long time. My experience of working with numerous students reveals the dynamic nature of individual personalities.
‘Identify-Commit-Believe-Work-Become’ is the simple chain of events which effects positive personal growth. Let me explain:
- Identify. When I assess an individual I identify facets for improvement in him/her. I share this information with the individual. It is vital that the individual accepts these facets of personality as needing improvement.
- Commit. Once facets of personality needing improvement have been identified it is essential that the individual is committed to improve.
- Believe. It is also essential that the individual believes that he can make the desired improvements in a reasonable time.
- Work. Once the above 3 steps have been covered and a plan of action has been evolved to effect personal growth, systematic work is commenced. Essentially it involves daily actions to develop new habits and unlearn undesirable past habits.
- Become. Persistent effort stabilizes formation of the desired habits and giving up of the undesirable habits. Initial efforts often demand greater determination on the part of the individual and greater support and guidance from me, while subsequent efforts become relatively easier. Improvements become visible in practically all facets of personality within 2-3 months like: fitness, appearance, reasoning, expression, discipline, being organized, more determined and more confident. Once an individual notices the improvements and also gets positive feedback from parents/bosses/friends/colleagues the improvements themselves provide great motivation to stay on the path of personal growth.
It is quite easy for an individual to lose motivation to improve and regress to past behavior. This happens when individuals lack motivation or determination or faith that the actions will lead to the desired results. Individuals who persevere definitely reap the rewards of improved personal and inter-personal effectiveness.