SSB Clearance Difficult for Repeaters?
SSB clearance is difficult for repeaters? Is a question which has been posed to me by several aspirants. My experience in the SSB suggested no bias. Two of my students Tarun and Anand cleared SSB after 6 years and in 12th attempt respectively. As my interaction with SSB repeaters deepens I discover the answer.
Why SSB clearance becomes Difficult for Repeaters?
The major problem is the common paradigm of most SSB repeaters. Salient features of the paradigm are given below:
- SSB repeaters give considerable credence to luck and try to face maximum SSBs in the hope of clearing.
- They focus on beating the system.
- SSB repeaters do not make serious efforts to improve core aspects of their personality, but try to depend upon superficial improvement.
- They get adversely influenced by selected peers and wrong advice existing in the environment because of coaching academies.
Tips for SSB Repeaters
- Do not go for another SSB in a gap of less than 3 months after rejection, unless definite improvement has been effected in the personality.
- Introspect after rejection ( 2-3 days are enough) and make sincere efforts at self improvement. Please do not waste excessive time in introspection.
- My experience suggests that elimination of poor impacts of coaching and peer learning itself may take about one month. Unlearning is a difficult thing- particularly when wrong ideas are deep rooted.
- Trust the authenticity of the selection system; take responsibility for self improvement and focus energies towards that.
- If by introspection you do not get a clear idea of your weaknesses then do not worry but improve the following aspects to increase chances of selection:
- Knowledge of important subjects studied recently.
- English expression.
- Practice for OIR test.
Conclusion: Increasing Chances of Selection for SSB Repeaters
Having faith in the system and working systematically as per above guidance will definitely improve chances of selection for SSB repeaters.
Note: If you like this blog, “SSB Clearance Difficult for Repeaters?” then please share it with friends.