WHO WAS BETTER ARJUN OR EKLAVYA?
If I were to choose one leader for future between Arjun & Eklavya I would choose Eklavya because of the following reasons:
1. He had matching abilities with Arjun despite coming from a lower socio-economic background & access to opportunities (more resourceful & determined).
2. Arjun was taught by Dronacharya, while Eklavya was self taught (more motivated & resourceful).
3. Eklavya had greater confidence to succeed in life, built through accomplishment.
4. Eklavya would be expected to perform better in leadership roles demanding greater tolerance of ambiguity, having grown to be a winner from adverse environment.
5. He had displayed greater determination to overcome the loss of his right thumb- no despondency, no depression, just worked with the resources he had.
6. He showed great creativity in not only learning a conventional art, but modifying it with even better results. After losing his thumb he started shooting, utilizing his two fingers, rather than the thumb & index finger. (Just watch the modern Olympic Archers use the Eklavya method to shoot!).
MORAL OF THE STORY
DON’T CRIB ABOUT WHAT YOU DON’T HAVE; JUST GET YOUR OBJECTIVES CLEAR & WORK TOWARDS THEM WITH DETERMINATION. TREAT ADVERSITIES AS NATURE’S WAY TO MAKE YOU STRONGER & MORE COMPETENT!