Don’ts in GPE!
I keep seeing solved GPEs from my students. I notice certain very obvious things which a person with decent common sense would not do in normal life but as a group SSB aspirants do these stupid things in GPE. I have explained some of these things in this blog.
Haystack on Fire
- Situation: You are a group of students who have halted at some place for about 3 hours. A person comes and informs that his dry haystack has caught fire and wants your help.
- Analysis: If this person had some common sense then he would have separated the unburnt portion of the haystack to save it & poured water, mud or sand on the burning part to save it & control the spread of fire. He would be a fool to come to you to ask for your help. You would be bigger fools to go to save this haystack which would have burnt down before you can reach it!
- Situation: You are a group of students who have halted at some place for about 3 hours. A person comes and informs that his monkey with which he used to show tricks to earn his livelihood has run away and he wants your help to find it.
- Analysis: He is stupid to seek your help & you are stupider if you think that you can find this monkey!
Cow Stuck in Marshy Land
- Situation: You are a group of students who have halted at some place for about 3 hours. A lady comes and informs that her cow has got stuck in a marshy land and she wants your help to help extricate it.
- Analysis: As a group of students you have no expertise to do this task for which the owner of the cow & local villagers would be much more accomplished. A lady with common sense would solve this problem herself or do so with the help of villagers. You should not waste time in trying to do things which you cannot.
Tota Ram, Police Informer
- Situation: You are a group of students who have halted at some place for about 3 hours. A person informs you that he had overheard a group of terrorists talking about a plan to kill Tota Ram, a police informer.
- Analysis: If you inform Tota Ram about this then that is good enough. He will ensure his security himself. You should not get involved in trying to guard him.
What I have stated above are simple common sense ideas. SSB aspirants, in desperation to get recommended, give up common sense & try to do everything to appear impressive. This is not a good idea. Please use your common sense & make a sensible plan!